Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Birthday, Suz!

Hi there!

Today is my good friend Suz's 50th birthday.  She's such a wonderful person, full of love and kindness.  So, in honour of her special day I thought I'd do a birthday card.

I met Suz when I started teaching at the same school as her, and I liked her right away.  I was only there for six months before moving on to another school and a permanent contract, but we kept in touch, thankfully.






This card is really simple, although there are a number of steps.   I'm such a huge fan of grey and, well, any colour, really!

The great thing about this design is that you can change so many things - colours, shapes, stamps, font - anything would work.  Personally, I love these adorable sentiments from Paper Smooches.  The font is just a happy font, and brings a playful character to anything they're used on.  Love, love, love them!

If you're wondering about the embossing folder I used, it's by Momenta and is a brand I stumbled upon.  I was walking through Wal-Mart one day - and believe me, I'm rarely ever in that store, so this was a definitely a find - I decided to take a wander through the craft section, but I wasn't expecting much.

This particular Wal-Mart has an amazing craft department.  There are fantastic patterned papers, stamps, ribbon, and some really great embossing folders.  This one was $5.99 believe it or not, and that's the everyday price!

So, needless to say I grabbed a bunch of things.  The prices were just too good to leave them, and the papers (I used some in a few earlier posts) are absolutely adorable.




Have a great day, and Happy Birthday, Suz!

Beth

Some of What I used...

Ellen Hutsen - Neenah Solar White 80 lb Card Stock

Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment