Sunday, March 29, 2015

Lovely Amazing You





Hi again!

For this post I'm bringing you a soft, feminine card.  I just love the way the colour came out and how it looks against the white.  This is along the lines of a clean and simple card - my favourite kind of card.

For this I used Ranger Texture Paste and the Hearts Heart Confetti stencil from Memory Box to create the basis for the background on Tim Holtz watercolour paper.  When you're using texture paste you have to remember than this stuff dries really quickly so you need to move at a pretty good pace.  

As soon as you're done, make sure your jar is closed up and that you wash your stencil and any other tools right away before the paste dries.  Otherwise, it's a bugger to get off.

The colour I chose is Spun Sugar, a Ranger Distress Ink.  It's a nice soft pink, but not so pale that it fades out.  This particular colour will stand up and be visible while not being too "pinky".  It's really perfect for a feminine card.



I used the Lovely Amazing You stamp from Stampin' Up!.  This set is full of sweet sentiments.  I also used Staz On Black ink.  I find it gives you a really black black and a nice crisp image as well.  A lot of people don't like the smell of Staz On, but call me weird - I do!


I took some watercolour paper that I can painted pink a while ago - again with distress ink in Worn Lipstick, and punched out a bunch of little hearts to use as embellishments.  I coated each heart with Glossy Accents to give them some shine, which created the look of enamel dots, and to give the card a little oomph.  You can see the gloss in the photo above really well.

You can watch the video below to see how it came together.  For now, I'm off to mark some math tests!  Enjoy!




Card Size

Finished card: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Some of What I Used...

Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment