Sunday, March 22, 2015

Ranger Watercolour with Distress Inks





Well, it's Sunday afternoon and March Break is pretty much over.  It's also time for another Lawnscaping Challenge!  Today, the sun is shining and it's really a beautiful day!

All this sunshine must be making me feel colourful because I've come up with a really quick little card full of bright, summer loveliness.

For this card you only need a few simple tools:

- Watercolour paper
- Ranger Distress Ink or any watercolour paint
- Water spritzer
- Acrylic Block



Use your acrylic block as a vehicle for laying down your ink on the paper in a blocky pattern.  You could switch this up to be any pattern or shape you want.  If you're not happy with the intensity of the colour, just put some more down to get the results you're looking for.

Once you've got things looking the way you like, let it air dry, or blast it with a heat tool (which is what I do because I don't have the patience to wait...).

Once it's completely dry, trim your work down to the size you want, and adhere it to the rest of your project.  I used two different layouts and I like them both!



I love the bright colours of this card and the airy feel it has.  I didn't include a sentiment in either version of these cards.  To be honest, I haven't decided who I'm sending them to or for what purpose. I can add a sentiment later once I know, or I can use it just to write a note to someone.

This would be a great design to use to create a set of cards to give as a gift as well!

Well, that's it for now.  Check out the video below to see how I put it all together from start to finish.  The colours made me feel like adding some Cuban music for you to enjoy.  :)






Have a great day!

Beth

Some of What I Used...

Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment