Friday, April 3, 2015

Birthday Butterfly





Hi everyone!

It's Good Friday and a good day for a card!

This is another card being entered into a card challenge.  This time it's Simon Says Stamp and the challenge is to use pastel colours.

For this card I used the last stamp set I received this year from the Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration catalogue.  As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  Sometimes that happens, and sometimes it doesn't, but this time it did.  I love it!

There are a lot of birthdays coming up in this neck of the woods so a birthday card was definitely in order.

I used 2 colours from my Prismacolours (light aqua and cream), Gamsol, Versamark ink and heat embossing to create this one.  Check out the video below to see how it was done.

Unfortunately, A bunch of the video disappeared, so the last part of the card will have to happen in your head!  I have no idea where it went or how I managed to lose it.



One of my favourite parts of this card was using my butterfly punch from Stampin' Up!.  I don't know why, but I just love using the punches.  They're easy and quick to use, and you get to bypass the fussy cutting altogether.  (Sometimes I love cutting things out, but sometimes you just want to get on with it!)

Another thing I can tell you is that taking good photographs of white cards is such a pain in the tookus!  Especially on a day like today when one minute the sun is shining and the next it's grey and cloudy.  The sun was shining bright when I started the video, and about half way through the sun was almost gone, so the lighting in the video is all over the place.

Anyway, I love the way the card turned out.  It's another light and feminine card, with pretty colours and soft edges.  The Basic Jewels from Stampin' Up! finish the card off perfectly although unfortunately they look dark in the pictures.


I used Nature's Perfection and Petite Pairs stamp sets from Stampin' Up! both for the images and the sentiment inside and out.




Well, I'm off to see what else I come up with!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

Beth






Finished Card Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Some of What I Used...


Neenah Solar White 110 lb Card Stock
Neenah Solar White 80 lb Card Stock
Soft Sky ink by Stampin' Up!
Veramark Ink
Nature's Perfection Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!
Petite Pairs Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!
Basic Jewels from Stampin' Up!
Scotch 3M Tape
Ranger Craft Sheet
Fiskars SureCut Paper Trimmer
Martha Stewart Score Board
Scotch Brand ATG Tape Gun - Simon Says Stamp

Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment