Monday, April 6, 2015

Birthday Confetti - Paper Smooches Challenge




Hi Everyone!  



Such FUN today, inside and out!

I've been bouncing around ideas for something bright and fun, and this was what I came up with.
A little on the labor intensive side, but the finished card was well worth the effort.

With so many birthdays coming up as well as spring weather peaking it's head around the corner more often these days, I wanted to shed the darker colours of winter almost as much as I want to put my sweaters away!  So, I got all the brightest colours out to play.



For the outside of this card, I used the Bokeh Dots set from Ellen Hutson Essentials, and paired them up with the "Happy" and Birthday" from Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies.  

Each dot was stamped with various colours of Memento LUXE pigment ink (and one from ColorBox), and then heat embossed with Simon Says Stamp clear embossing powder.  Pigment ink is sticker and dries slowly on the surface of the card stock instead of permeating the paper.  So, it gives you ample time to work some magic with it.  I really wanted this card to have some shine, so heat embossing was the perfect solution.

For the inside, I chose to use very similar dye ink colours from Simon Says Stamp.


Because the Bokeh Dots set has so many sizes of circles to choose from, I was able to create a "patter" that isn't really a pattern at all!  I just love the little tiny dots, and they were the perfect thing to fill in white areas without overdoing it with the bigger circles.


The card was finished off with some bright green ribbon to set off the colours.
(You can see the shine of the heat embossing in the photo below.)



This was truly a really fun card to bring to life!  I hope you like it!

See below for a list of colours used, and I'll see you next time!

Beth


Memento Luxe

Morocco
Nautical Blue
Dandelion
Rose Bud
Pear Tart
Pistachio
Gray Flannel

ColorBox

Robin's Egg (this is the light blue colour)

Simon Says Stamp

Cobblestone
Goldenlocks
Maliblue
Caribbean Blue
Coral Reef
Beanstalk Green

Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment