Monday, April 13, 2015

Just for You - A birthday Card for MFT Challenge





Hello!

It's time for another challenge with My Favourite Things, and it's a sketch challenge.
These are the ones I have the most difficulty with, but I'm getting better!

On a side note, the weather has been beautiful, and the cat is beyond annoyed that no one in the house will let him out in the backyard.  He's sitting at the door staring mournfully at the dog sleeping the day away in the warm sunshine.  I'm sure the little guy is going to have a breakdown soon.

I know what he's up to though...  Our yard is filled with birds of every colour and variety, and yesterday we were treated to the peck-peck-pecking of our resident blue jay and the Star Trek calls of the cardinal who seems to come back to our yard every summer.  

It's ok, my feathered friends.  I've got your back.

So, back to the card.



This is the sketch for this week.  I think I came pretty close even without the star.

I started again with no plan.  I just dug in and got started.  I don't really recommend this approach, unless you've got some time to waste!  Fortunately, I did!

I started off with cutting a stitched circle and stamping it with Versamark on a Swiss Dots background stamp from MFT, and heat embossing it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.

I used the Overflowing Joy stamp set from MFT and set about colouring with Copics.  I stamped a few extra times so I'd have extra prezzies (and who doesn't like extra prezzies!), and altered the colouring of them just a little to add a tad of variety.


I used a white Gellyroll pen to add some texture with dots to the wrapping and her lovely little smock.  (Who says SMOCK anymore!  I'm showing my age here...)  I also added some clear Wink of Stella to the same areas.

It seems I just can't leave the Wink of Stella alone these days...

Last but not least, I created a banner from Audrey Blue (Simon Says Stamp) card stock, used on of the sentiments from the same stamp set, and heat embossed it in white.

Everything was mounted on a white card base, topped with Audrey Blue card stock so everything came together nicely.  I popped up the girl and one of the present stacks on dimensionals for a little oomph.  

For the inside, I used another sentiment from the set, and stamped it in Stazon Ink.  I used an old Stampin' Up! stamp from the Delight in Life set for the for the little explosion of colour in Simon Says Stamp Maliblue.





And there it is!


I'm just tickled pink with the finished card!

See you next time!
Beth

Supplies



Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website

YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment