Sunday, April 12, 2015

Layered Thank You Card + Stampin' Up!





Happy Sunday, everyone!

It's pretty early in the day over here, but already the sun is shining and the sky is blue.  We had a pretty grey, wet, and windy week so this weather is more than welcome!  It's feeling more like spring everyday!

This card makes me feel like spring.  This was one of those times when I didn't have a plan in mind; things came together one step at a time, and took a long time to develop because I spent time trying one thing, then another, and another, until I was happy.

For me, these are likely the most enjoyable cards.  You know how sometimes you just get engrossed in something and time passes without notice?  Well, this was one of them, and it all began with my new Honeycomb embossing folder from Stampin' Up!.

My new favourite thing is this linen thread.  I love it!  It's organic, natural, and just beautiful.  I used Tombow Mono glue to secure it along the edge of the embossed paper and secured it to the back with my ATG gun.  I just love the way it looks, and it really gives that edge a finished look.



Another thing I really enjoy making is my own patterned paper, and it's so easy!  For this I created a tone on tone paper using Pear Pizzazz paper and ink for the bottom layer.

Having a lot of layers on your card creates interest, depth, and dimension, and doesn't necessarily have to create bulk or height.  This card has oodles of dimension because there are quite a few layers, but no dimensionals.  The layers are arranged so that they overlap each other which creates it's own dimension.  The twine bow gives more dimension to the card.



For the inside, I used the same stamps I used for the outside, and used the same colours to keep the continuity of the card, and arranged them in a simple pattern that kept the centre clear for the sentiment and hand written note.  

I've started using Staz On black ink for my sentiments because I just love how black it is, and I find it gives a really nice, crisp impression as well (and I love the smell!).

This card is easy to duplicate with any colour or embossing folder.  The choices are endless, so go have some fun!


See you next time!
Beth



Supplies



Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website

YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment