Wednesday, May 6, 2015

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!




Hey everyone!

Well, it's hump day and I'm popping in to post this card I painted for the watercolour challenge at livelovecards.com, as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

I was especially excited because, as I mentioned awhile ago, my husband got me this for my birthday back in March!


I've been playing around with them, and this is the first card I've made with these watercolours.

Let me tell you - if you're into watercolours, these are CRAZY nice!

I'm so happy with them!

So.  For this card I used Madison has a Margarita.  I have a definite soft spot for the Uptown Girls from Stampingbella!



One of the things I really enjoyed about using watercolours was mixing colours to create the skin tones I was looking for.  There isn't a "skin tone" per se, but my husband got me the big set, so there's definitely enough colour options to mix it up and create whatever colour you're looking for.


The sentiment that comes with this stamp is probably my favourite too!  I mean, really...  Who hasn't said this at one point in time??

I used Tim Holtz watercolour paper.  One of my favourite substrates, it's really white and has a nice smooth side that's perfect for stamping and painting.  I also stamped the image in Versamark and heat embossed it in black.  I really wanted her to stand out.

I used Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock for the base, and I really like this weight of paper for card bases.

I also added some little rhinestone jewels from Stampin' Up!, and coloured them with a Copic marker to match Madison's drink.

Hopefully in the next photo you'll be able to see the sparkle from them in the light.


For the inside, I spent some time trying to decide what to do.  I wanted it to be feminine, since Madison is definitely a girly-girl.  I didn't want to go crazy, because I wanted to leave lots of white space so I could write a good long note to a friend.  I took one of the flowers from A Bunch from Waffle Flower and created a bit of a border in Basic Grey dye ink from Stampin' Up!.


For most of the flowers I stamped off once, but left three of them at full strength to add a little variety.  Come to think of it, it would have been cute to stamp those three in pink!

Oh well.  Next time!

Have a great day!
Beth


Find me on...

YouTube

Instragram

Pinterest

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment